So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Domaine La Roquete Blanc Chateauneuf Du Pape (Chateauneuf Du Pape): Probably not a keeper. But… hot damn, is it sexy right now! $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Conde Villar Vinho Verde Rose (Vinho Verde): Espadeiro that's sparing none of the crowd-pleasing, party-enducing strawberry fun. $9 B- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Laetitia Estate Whole Cluster Pinot Noir (Arroyo Grande Valley): Oh, man, the whole cluster haters are really gonna be upset now. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Tenuta Campo di Sasso Insoglio del cinghiale (Toscana): Something chewy this way comes; just leave your pre-judgments at the door. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Masi Masianco Pinot Grigio & Verduzzo (Venezia): PG gets more of a PG-13 treatment in which the vibrancy afterburners get turned on $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Sanctuary Usibelli Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Rutherford ): Has stuffing enough to suggest its adornments aren't superficial. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Moniker Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendocino County): Like things aggressive? Then pull up some leather, light a stogie & grab a licorice $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Moniker Pinot Noir (Mendocino County): The sweet tea and pithy citrus are tasty, but this conversation is kind of going nowhere. $30 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Moniker Chardonnay (Mendocino County): You got the peaches I got the cream… & I might need to loose a couple of pounds, maybe. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Glenelly Grand Vin de Glenelly (Stellenbosch): Further proof that bacon goes well with anything, including, in this case, cigars. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<