So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 16 De Martino Gallardia Old Vine White (Itata Valley): Flowers, lychee, energy, and a deeply grounded and humble sense of soul. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Addendum Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Syrah (Atlas Peak): Pls wait for all of that silk to wrap around all of that wood. $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Stewart Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): In this case, the Sonoma Coast is a bit more like the Sultry Coast, but it works. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs (North Coast): This is begging – BEGGING – to be the tag-along for your next Thai dinner outing. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Ridgeview Fitzrovia Brut Rose (England): Mellow wild berries that pretty up well, with nary an ounce of pretension to be found. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Prosper Maufoux Chablis (Chablis): Steel, flint, and lemons, all cuddled up together as cozy and familiar bedfellows. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Zuccardi Jose Zuccardi Malbec (Valle de Uco): Almost as amiable, focused, convincing, and full of character as its namesake. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Enate UNO Tinto (Somontano): Black licorice to start, then but this Cab/Merlot blend starts to sing a lot more than just one note. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Enate UNO Chardonnay (Somontano): Peachy, pretty, perfumed, and powerfully sexy; and glowing gold like handfuls of bling. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Sommos Colleccion Gewurztraminer (Somontano): Flowers angling their way towards sunlight with clear, precise determination. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<