So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Alexandre Bonnet Perle Brut Rose (Champagne): Raspberries that want to be liked, bringing both the flowers & the polished bling. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Alexandre Bonnet Noir Extra-Brut (Champagne): Lithe, clean, tropical, chalky, and generally giving the Aube a very good name. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Brut (Champagne): Imagine the whole boutique bakery shop, as owned by lavishly-dressed royalty. $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label (Champagne): Can you smoke apricots while eating biscuits? No? Well, this will get you close. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Terlato Family Vineyards Friuli Pinot Grigio (Friuli Colli Orientali): Dynamic personality more than makes up for the love handles $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Emilio Hildago Fino Jerez Seco (Jerez): Fino that flexes some intensely nutty muscles, and flaunts a splendid overall physique. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Karl Schaefer Sonnentropfen Wachenheim Riesling Medium Dry (Pfalz): Sun drops is actually pretty spot on here; so is lemon drops. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Piccini Villa al Cortile Brunello di Montalcino (Montalcino): Earthy to earthy, acid to acid, dusty tannin to dusty tannin… $52 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Piccini Sasso al Poggio (Toscana): Plaintively gardening in the dirt, but actually has some dirty fantasies going on in its mind. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Gussalli Beretta Lo Sparviere Brut (Franciacorta): This one sneaks up one you, & you'll drain those bubbles dry before it's done. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<