So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 m2 Wines Lodi Native Soucie Vineyard Zinfandel (Lodi): The native in these parts is jammy, dark, spicy, moody and sweetly complex. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Ernst Loosen Villa Wolf Pinot Gris (Pfalz): It's an instant pith party, all are invited, and the admission is practically free. $13 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 V. Sattui Preston Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Licorice so black, it'd make the dark of a moonless night jealous. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Kellerei Kaltern Gewurztraminer (Alto Adige): The first cut is the… beefiest; it's also the lychee-ist, and maybe the tastiest. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Spell Winery Terra de Promissio Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Promises leather, spice, & big, dark britches for PN from SC. $72 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Maison Nicolas Vouvray (Loire): Fresh apples, fresh flowers, fresh attitude, and okay, maybe one too many fresh, sweet kisses. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Pere & Fils Christian Moreau Chablis (Chablis): Turning up the minerality volume, and juggling crisp green & yellow apples, too. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Spell Winery Marimar Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Bouncing effortlessly from sweet red berry goodness to herbal bite $72 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Bayten Sauvignon Blanc (Constantia): Big, and burly, but not without its bountiful, bright, buoyant, and persistent moments. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Istvan Szepsy Tokaji Aszu 6 Puttonyos (Tokaji): Gorgeous in all aspects, stunning in its splendor, & nearly perfect in execution. $240 A+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine Grosbois Clos du Noyer Chinon (Chinon): The tannins & texture are drum-tight; but the funk is calling the shots here. $49 B+ >>find this wine<<