So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Virginia Dare Winery Two Arrowheads (Paso Robles): 2 flowery heads – Viognier & Roussanne – that certainly aren't butting heads. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dierberg Pinot Noir Dierberg Vineyard (Santa Maria Valley): This one must be fretting over bold, nuanced matters of great import. $44 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dierberg Chardonnay Dierberg Vineyard (Santa Maria Valley): Power and perfume, and probably enough that it ought to cost you more. $32 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Donnafugata Sherazade Nero d'Avola (Sicilia): About as femininely lovely a intro to Sicily's heroic Nero as could be provided. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Donnafugata SurSur Grillo (Sicilia): Fragrantly floral & peachy; cheerfully chirpy &… look, just drink the hell out of it, ok? $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ernest Vineyards The Bombardier Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): I guess that you can be bombarded with subtlety & awesomeness. Who knew $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare (Central Coast): One of those rare occasions of easy-going likability displayed both inside and out. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Gerard Bertrand Code Rouge Brut Eternel Blanc de Blancs (Languedoc-Roussillon): Ugly packaging, but not actually ugly drinking. $26 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Hecht & Bannier Cotes de Provence Rose (Cotes de Provence): Chalky, cherry-filled, crisp & clean; in other words, a delight. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cadaretta Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): He's a little self-possessed, but damn, he's so well-dressed it's not even funny. $40 A- >>find this wine<<