So, like what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Chateau de Grossombre de Saint-Joseph (Bordeaux): Pencils are in the cigar box; so are tea & zesty dark cherries, by the way. $10 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau Pey La Tour (Bordeaux): Hauling in leather-handled buckets of fig, mint, currants & spices, to wild applause from the crowd $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dourthe La Grande Cuvee Sauvignon Blanc (Bordeaux): A high-speed Vespa ride right past a crowded outdoor market fruit stand. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Reignac BALTHVS (Bordeaux Superieur): Will stay fresh, chocolaty & deep for a long time to come; ah, but are you the patient type? $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Grand Vin de Reignac (Bordeaux Superieur): Dressed elegantly, but that minty, dark-berry dress isn’t revealing too much to you yet $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau de Reignac (Bordeaux Superieur): Hot in its impetuous youth, but deep down it has some talent to back up its serious streak $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Reignac Blanc (Bordeaux): It’s a tubby miner who digs up white figs & base minerals, all in a good way; just trust me on this, ok? $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau Timberlay Clairet (Bordeaux Clairet): Raspberry & strawberry path that’s lined with some seriously manicured herbal hedges. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau Tour de Bonnet Rose (Bordeaux): Like buying roses from a vendor that walks up to your car & finding they’re actually prized $6 B- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Chateau Bonnet Red (Bordeaux): Leather, wood & baking spices; be sure to bring your smoking jacket, pipe & a very large thirst. $12 B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau Bonnet White (Entre-Deux-Mers): Ah, the flowers, chalk & perfume, showing much more expensive whites their own jock straps. $9 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Luccios Brut (Cremant de Bordeaux): Citrus, minerals & a shot of cream, all with dirty shoes and bouncing on a trampoline. $16 B- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau Grand Jean (Bordeaux): Mostly Merlot, that mostly just wants to get fresh with whatever you’ve decided to grab for lunch. $10 B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau La Verriere Sauvignon (Bordeaux): SB joined by kissing-cousin Sauv Gris; bright, accessible, rich & fond of simple living $12 B- >>find this wine<<