So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 06 Ferrari Perle (Trento): Gorgeously deconstructed bubbly that would feel right at home in a lineup of pricier Champers Farmer Fizz. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 d'Arenberg The Swinging Malaysian Shiraz (McLaren Vale): All the earthiness of a 70s wild child, but sporting twice the verve. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 04 d'Arenberg Sticks & Stones Tempranillo Grenache Souzao (McLaren Vale): A lumberjack eventually elected to many parliamentary terms $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 d'Arenberg The Derelict Vineyard Grenache (McLaren Vale): Derelict? More like a purveyor of leather of the highest pedigree. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 d'Arenberg The Stump Jump Shiraz (McLaren Vale): Showily rocking but also friendly-familiar, like pre-2000s Def Leppard albums. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Cadaretta Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): Hey, don't you just love plum & licorice? No? Well you can go to hell, apparently $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cadaretta SBS Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Columbia Valley): Tropical fruits & herbal bite in a well-coordinated dance routine. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Snoqualmie Naked Riesling (Columbia Valley): Disrobed, laying on a slab of wet rock while having a smoke & chewing on a pear. $12 B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Prats & Symington Post Scriptum De Chryseia (Douro): P.S., it just ended a letter with a sentence that will get your nipples hard. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Prats & Symington Prazo de Roriz (Douro): I'll see you your pulled pork, and I'll raise you just a wee little bit of awesome, fool! $16 B >>find this wine<<
- La Granja 360 Cava Brut (Cava): Casually, refreshingly, and effortlessly imbibed; then casually, and effortlessly forgotten, too. $NA B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 La Mano Mencia Roble (Bierzo): Incredibly friendly & generous red fruit that's more than willing to pass you the black pepper. $9 B >>find this wine<<