So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Quivira Viognier-Sauvignon Blanc (Dry Creek Valley): Potential for a mad-scientist match-up that becomes more art than creation. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Quivira Wine Creek Ranch Grenache (Dry Creek Valley): Perfume, pepper, & acidity that's poppin' like an open pack of Pop Rocks. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Quivira Rose (Dry Creek Valley): Lovers of the pithy, unite! Wild strawberry, rose petal, and wild length for the cost of entry. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Pina Buckeye Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain): Tannin & cassis clearly meant for each other though in no hurry to wed $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 St. Amant Winery Marian's Vineyard Lodi Native Zinfandel (Lodi): The natives are restful, in smooth repose, & smoking peace pipes. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Glenelly Estate Lady May (Simonsberg-Stellenbosch): Herbs, leather, & grip; and it's a damn long, hard, tight, & complex grip. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Dry Creek Vineyards Estate Block 10 Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Wearing rich garb, but adorned with subtle accessories. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Signorello Hope's Cuvee Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Cream and complexity are its strong-suits. Subtlety… uhm, well… not so much. $80 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Ricci Curbastro Franciacorta Extra Brut (Franciacorta): Toasted almond bread, transmogrified into a playful, citric effervescence $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Spell Wines Weir Vineyard Pinot Noir (Yorkville Highlands): Time & patience are required to tend this herb, spice & berry garden. $50 A- >>find this wine<<