So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Bonny Doon Querry? Cider (N/A): The fruit is true, the finish long, the palate refined, & the attitude exceedingly friendly. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Bonny Doon Jespersen Vineyard Syrah (Edna Valley): Has an incredibly promising future, though she has yet to chose her major. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Bony Doon Old Telegram (San Benito County): Cherry, mint, dark fruit & meat all working together building a powerful skyscraper. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bonny Doon Contra (Contra Costa County): Challenging & kick-ass enough to keep both Mad Dog Rizer & Scorpion Bean entertained. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bonny Doon Clos de Gilroy (Central Coast): Floral, lithe, peppery, but also rustic and demanding enough to keep you on your toes. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bonny Doon A Proper Claret (California): Polite, pungent, piquant, and properly poised… though somewhat imprudently funky. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alchemist Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Raspberry, meat & enough cinnamon to supple your next X-mas cookie exchange baking party $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Alchemist Chardonnay (Willamette Valley): Low-key & acerbic, until you get in on the side of its vibrant, storytelling good graces $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Union Wine Company Kings Ridge Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Pepper spice on my face, lookin' on the case, tryna find hella taste $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Union Wine Company Kings Ridge Riesling (Willamette Valley): My liege, the bounty of the fully-loaded apple cart hath arrived! $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Union Wine Company Kings Ridge Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley): Seance in progress, channeling spirits of many a Juicyfruit flavor. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Union Wine Company Underwood Pinot Noir (Oregon): "Went down 2 dinner in his Sunday best & rubbed the pot roast all over his chest" $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Clos Pepe Estate Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): Jazz-tinged rock band with diverse influences, and playing all original tunes. $54 A- >>find this wine<<