So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Onesta Rose of Cinsault (Lodi): From historic plantings come tart red fruits, spice, & pithiness of nearly historic proportions. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Ca' Momi Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (Napa Valley): Silky almost to a fault; for those seeking something decadent, & for tonight. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cornerstone Oregon Chardonnay (Willamette Valley): You'll need to peel back the oak, but enticing texture awaits you underneath. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Apothic Dark Limited Release (California): Sweet & to the point; the point being your future hangover looks very dark, indeed. $11 C- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gary Farrell Hallberg vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Savory & bold; please prepare your cheeks for the electric jolt. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gary Farrell Russian River Selection Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Not unlike the Energizer Bunny this one never really tires $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gary Farrell Westside Farms Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Richly rendered, but it's delicately – & vibrantly – delivered. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cornerstone Cellars Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Don't fear a little extra barrel time, just exercise a little extra patience. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Helfrich Cremant d'Alsace Brut (Alsace): A refreshing magic trick; open it among friends, & watch the contents quickly disappear! $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Antica Fratta Brut (Franciacorta): When you absolutely, positively need your tasty bubbly liveliness to be forcefully aggressive. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<