So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Esporao Quinta dos Murcas 10 Year Old Tawny Port (Porto): We're talking box-of-chocolate-covered-caramels levels of imbibery here. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (Oakville): It's impossible to imagine a more worthy toast to RMW's 50th vintage. $155 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Maison Joseph Drouhin Drouhin-Vaudon Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): Coriander & flint happen to be really, really close friends. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Tongue Dancer Wines Putnam Vineyard Pinot de Ville Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Impossible to open. Just as impossible not to love. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine de Terra Vecchia Clos Poggiale Red (Corse): Brambly red berries that aren't afraid to get dirty wrestling with the wildlife $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaine de Terra Vecchia Clos Poggiale White (Corse): Flowers, mandarins, and lemons, all would up as tight as drum heads. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaine de Terra Vecchia Ile De Beaute White (Ile de Beaute): Citrus, flowers, herbs, mint, and just way, way, way too much fun. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Fattoria Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva (Tuscany): Madly, wildly, dangerously drinkable window into the soul of Tuscan soil. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Grgich Hills Estate Zinfandel (Napa Valley): Bursting out in just about every way, from ripe fruit to spice to raw, boozy power. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Qupe Y Block Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County): Witness here one of the world's small wonders of totally delicious consistency. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<