So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Morlanda Crianca Red (Priorat): Flexes 6-pack abs, kicks other big red wines into a bottomless pit, screams "THIS IS PRIORAT!!!!" $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Viticultors del Priorat Mas de Subira (Priorat): Muscular, dark red fruits holding back chained, feral, gnarling wild animals. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Garbo Negre (Montsant): Rustic Syrah beats up on little cousin Merlot, but aunt Tempranillo scolds them all back into good behavior $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Valdubon Cosecha (Ribera del Duero): Tart, friendly & simple Tempranillo, transmogrified into takeout sweet and sour pork form. $15 B- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Stolo Family Vineyards Anno di Lucas Syrah (San Luis Obispo County): In Robert Plant voice, "does anybody remember… Pepper?!?" $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Stolo Family Vineyards Anno di Lucas Pinot Noir (San Luis Obispo County): These boots are made for… collecting funky earth. $35 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Stolo Family Vineyards Anno di Lucas Chardonnay (San Luis Obispo County): Life's a preach, & then… hey is it getting hot in here? $21 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Chateau Hanteillan Haut-Medoc (Haut-Medoc): Saddling up and delivering a Jack Palance-style glare-and-ass-kicking combination. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Marc Mondavi's The Divining Rod Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): What it's flashing under that oak cloak is kinda impressive. $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Marc Mondavi's The Divining Rod Chardonnay (Santa Lucia Highlands): Talks peaches, melons & bread, but secretly wants to be a lemon $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine Bott-Geyl Gewurztraminer Les Elements (Alsace): Less sweet-nothings-in-ear whisperer & more sweet-tongue-in-ear sticker. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pertinace Nebbiolo (Langue): It's plenty of Funky, but it could use a lot more of the Cold Medina; or just a lot less of the Funky. $18 B >>find this wine<<