So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Szent Tamas 3909 (Tokaji): This zip code is an upscale, respectable & sweet, orange blossom-lined neighborhood for late harvest. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Szent Tamas Szent Tamas Furmint (Tokaji): For some wines, the minerality quotient must be measured not in stones, but in boulders. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Szent Tamas Percze Furmint (Tokaji): Sooo linear. Sooo lovely. Sooo elegant. Sooo lively. Sooo heady. And sooooooo damn young. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 06 Dobogo Tokaji Aszu 6 Puttonyos (Tokaj-Hegyalja): Sort of like edible liquid gold, only with sides of flowers, orange peel & tea. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Dobogo Mylitta (Tokaji): I'm picturing the words "Sultana, sultana," only being sung to the tune of Toto's Rosanna. But I'm weird. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Dobogo Furmint (Tokaji): Tangerines & citrus zest, moving in straight, determined lines, their GPS coordinates set for Freshville. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Viento Underwood Mountain Vineyards Gruner Veltliner (Columbia Gorge): Everything but the meat, from veggies to fruit to bread. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Maysara Asha Pinot Noir (McMinnville): Grab a few handfuls of chewy, savory, sour cherries, and then join in the proceedings. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Cliff Creek Cellars Claret (Southern Oregon): Sheets of red fruits & cardamom, all hung up with savory, tannic threads. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Brandborg Ferris Wheel Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Elkton): Packing surprising levels of oomph for having such a light step. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<