So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 69 D'Oliveiras Sercial Vintage Madeira (Madeira): Still fresher than most of the tunes from that year's Billboard Hot 100 list. $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- 88 D'Oliveiras Terrantez Vintage Madeira (Madeira): Imagine fruitcake, dressed up in style, & imbued with high voltage electricity. $110 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Emilio Moro Malleolus Tinto Fino (Ribera del Duero): Despite the name, there's nothing small here – & nothing imprecise, either. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Tenet Wines The Pundit Syrah (Columbia Valley): Dos anyone have any ribs? No? How about some sausages? Please? Anyone? C'mon!!! $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Dusted Valley Stained Tooth Syrah (Columbia Valley): Also staining your tummy with ripe fruits, & your liver with a hit of booze. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dunham Cellars Lewis Vineyard Riesling (Columbia Valley): Are those wrinkles that I see? Well, they are of the most endearing kind $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Ferrari-Carano Anderson Valley Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): Imagining the winemaking team hi-5-ing one another, & woop-wooping. $36 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Piccini Memoro Vino Rosato (Italia): Fun is on its mind, and it would prefer to have it with several plates of tapas in front of it $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Piccini Villa al Cortile Riserva Brunello di Montalcino (Brunello di Montalcino): Those tannins are putting the "man!" in "manly." $60 B+ >>find this wine<<