So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 06 C.H. Berres Erdener Treppchen Riesling Auslese (Mosel): Like the scent of a lover's perfume lingering on your pillow the day after $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Bernhard Huber Pinot Noir (Baden): Making a statement about lithe German PN; & that statement is "Baden 2 the bone! QED, beaches!" $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Beringer Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): It's not cool to diss a wine like this; it's totally stupid to diss it. $160 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Beringer Luminus Oak Knoll Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Light? What's Latin 4 peachy, silky, nutty & pithy? Name change in aisle 12! $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pina Napa Valley Buckeye Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain): Imposing cocoa wall protecting spicy dark fruit treasures. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pina Napa Valley Firehouse Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Rutherford): Let's just agree that it's a tough guy & you're not, okay? $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pina Napa Valley Wolff Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Yountville): Sometimes you can just get too much of a structured good thing. $85 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pina Napa Valley D'Adamo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Almost too flashy, but also just too good looking to resist. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Coppo Camp du Rouss Barbera d'Asti (Barbera d'Asti): Red plum rustic beauty, but partially hidden behind too much wood makeup. $23 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Tenuta Polvaro Lison Classico (Lison Classico): A bit too much flint, but juuuuuust the right amount of floral flirtatiousness. $15 B >>find this wine<<