So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 E. Guigal Cotes du Rhone Rose (Cotes du Rhone): Strawberries and cherries in jubilee, in just about all senses of that word, too. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Barone Pizzini 'Bagnadore' Decimo Terzo Pas Dose Riserva (Franciacorta): American Ninja villain laser-punch levels of bright focus $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Concannon Vineyard Founder's Chardonnay (Monterey County): A little cloying at first, but her company starts to grow on you. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Chelsea Goldschmidt Merlot (Alexander Valley): Do you want your herbs wrapped in leather, or your leather wrapped in herbs? $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Landmark Vineyards Overlook Pinot Noir (California): On the ripe & silky side, but that side also has the bright sunshine on it. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Justin Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles): Aiming for supple and spicy above all else; & deliciously hitting the bull's eye on that. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Taittinger Nocturne Sec Champagne (Champagne): Lithe enough to give ample support to that blowing-you-suggestive-kisses sweetness $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Palmaz Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Reserved enough to keep its power in check, but it's letting the spices fly. $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Zaca Mesa Viognier (Santa Ynez Valley): Sporting waaaaaaaay more honeysuckle than you deserve for that kind of cash outlay. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Cliff Lede Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): For the times when you like your SB to show off some of its fruity muscle. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<