So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Domaine Carneros Cuvee de la Pompadour Brut Rose (Carneros): Red berry course registration is open, & expected to fill up quickly. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Wild Horse Unbridled Pinot Noir (Santa Barbara County): Wildly wide open, but also manages to tame itself, especially with salmon. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 La Rochelle Dutton Ranch Morelli Lane Vineyard Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Dear Hamlet, the *texture's* the thing, actually $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Kaiken Ultra Malbec (Mendoza): time to get your big boy pants – and the steaks! – on for this meaty, tasty, peppery powerhouse. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Kaiken Reserva Malbec (Mendoza): Looked really hot last night before tying one on, but right now it's a bit of a hot mess. $12 C+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Kaiken Terroir Series Corte Malbec Bonarda Petit Verdot (Mendoza): Bites back if you're not careful; tame it with bison burgers. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Tomero Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza): Juicy, spicy fruit belting one out; a few flat notes but there's entertainment to be had. $17 B- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Tomero Malbec (Mendoza): A loud tune, and a simple one, but one that's played with conviction, style, glam, & a sense of purpose. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Tomero Torrontes (Mendoza): Pithy, quirky, but charming & enough to avoid acting insufferable; it will certainly win some friends. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Cantele Salice Salentino Reserva (Salice Salentino): Prosciutto, tomato and mozzarella pizza has found a lifelong friend here. $11 B >>find this wine<<
- 04 Barone Pizzini Bagnadore Pas Dose Riserva (Franciacorta): Red apples reposed, their feet up, toasting them by a cozy fireplace. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<