So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Bonterra The Roost Blue Heron Ranch Chardonnay (Mendocino County): A hot kitchen, but they're cooking up some tasty toast. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lazy Creek Vineyards Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): There's certainly nothing lazy – or short – about the structured finish here. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ferrari Carano Pinot Noir Anderson Valley (Anderson Valley): Sheeeee wooooore reeeeeeed vellllllllllllllveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet… $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Buried Cane Heartwood Red Wine (Columbia Valley): AN energetically spicy dance that never quite finds its structural footing. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine de la Bastide Figue Rose (Cotes du Rhone): Go figure, this is bargain figgy-ness with a refreshingly fine & floral figure. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Loveblock Pinot Noir (Central Otago): Earth below, smoke above, & basically all red fruited goodness filling the landscape between $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Nobilo Icon Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): It's kind of like exotic fruits are makin' romance to sweet, smooth, soft soul music. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Anaba Turbine Red (Sonoma Valley): Dark plums are dancing playfully, kicking up the dust & sprinkling spices as they twirl about. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Anaba Turbine White (Sonoma Valley): Somewhere, Roger Daltrey is probably belting out "Bargain" at the top of his lungs in tribute $28 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bonny Doon Contra Red (California): A spicy meatball, imparting a vivid history lesson on old style CA field blended fruitiness. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<