So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Fidelitas Ciel du Cheval Cabernet Sauvignon (Red Mountain): Generous, complex, and turnng up the kitchen heat just a tad too high. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Fidelitas Ciel du Cheval Cabernet Franc (Red Mountain): Suspension bridge supports are rarely as supportive & tightly wound. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Cadence Red Mountain Ciel du Cheval (Red Mountain): Let's get dirty; planting black plum, mint, tomato, tea in dusty clay gardens. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Andrew Will Ciel du Cheval Red (Red Mountain): Superficially tart, but intellectually – & structurally – deep all at the same time $57 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Seven Hills Winery Ciel du Cheval Vintage Red (Red Mountain): Terse, but elegant, talking refined phrases in silk, cassis & clay. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Seven Hills WInery Klipsun Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Red Mountain): Flamboyant and bouncily buoyant, & thought to bring flowers $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Seven Hills Winery Seven Hills Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Walla Walla Valley): Sinewy & also sexy, making a hell of an entrance. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Grey Stack Cellars Sauvignon Blanc (Sonoma County): Who says big people can't dance? Voluptuous, *and* it's got serious moves. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Grey Stack Cellars Bennett Valley Cuvee Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Bit on the burly side, but more than a bit on the nuanced side $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Amici Cellars Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): You'll get your money's worth at this large and entertaining show. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rutherford Wine Company Lander-Jenkins Chardonnay (California): Putting on a lush show, but it's too spirited to really fool anyone $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rutherford Wine Company Lander-Jenkins Cabernet Sauvignon (California): Surprising verve, trying to beat back the toasty wood. $16 B- >>find this wine<<