So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Le Charmel Cotes de Provence Rose (Cotes de Provence): The Good Life is out there somewhere, So stay on my arm you little charmer. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Corona de Aragon Special Selection Garnacha (Carinena): Tall, dark, handsome & friendly stranger, speaking in thick Spanish accent $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Idella Syrah (Santa Barbara County): You'll need to don the Big Boy Wading Pants to step into this rich spice-fest of a river. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Idella Las Cerezas Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Yountville): Densely packing up the tropical fruit oomph in controlled, tight rolls. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Nasiakos Nemea Red (Nemea): All tension & pretension were left at the door, in their places are just tartness & lovely spices. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Sigalas Santorini Assyrtiko (Santorini): Canistel, chalk, and citrus… we really don't need more evidence of this guy's talent. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Forward Kidd Napa Valley Red Wine (Napa Valley): The kid is not kidding, is indeed forward, and undoubtedly still quite young. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pillar Box Shiraz (Padthaway): This pillar box is apparently used to send messages constructed primarily of jam, jam, & more jam. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 M2 Wines Century Vineyard Zinfandel (Lodi): And then, all of a sudden, all of the the kitchen spices totally exploded! I swear! $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bodegas Paniza Vinas Viejas de Paniza Garnacha (Carinena): NOt shy about giving you something thoughtful to chew – & chew – on. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<