So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 92 Barbeito Frasqueira Sercial Madeira (Madeira): Like munching salted caramels by the sea, while getting the world's best massage. $170 A >>find this wine<<
- 92 Barbeito Boal Frasqueira Madeira (Madeira): Brand new high-end, polished wood cabinet, filled to the brim with spices & figs. $165 A- >>find this wine<<
- 98 Blandy's Colheita Verdelho Madeira (Madeira): It hits your mouth, & you momentarily forget the crushing depression of mortality. $80 A >>find this wine<<
- 98 Blandy's Colheita Sercial Madeira (Madeira): Portuguese vinous version of a philosophical debate about the nature of consciousness $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Blandy's 10 Year Old Bual (Madeira): Caramel that decided to get down and dirty, much to your sweet tooth's future delight. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 64 Justino's Malvasia Vintage Madeira (Madeira): The kind of art that won't give a rat's ass whether or not you're ready to like it. $325 A >>find this wine<<
- 64 Justino's Boal Vintage Madeira (Madeira): Kind of like simultaneously experiencing the entire dessert table at Christmas dinner. $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- 96 Justino's Colheita Madeira (Madeira): Totally nutty, and yet totally focused. So, basically, it's the Dr. Emmett Brown of desserts $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 95 Justino's Colheita Madeira (Madeira): A bottled magic trick – balancing delicate spices on top of 113 grams of residual sugar. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Justino's 10 Year Old Terrantez Medium Dry (Madeira): How often do you get to combine the fake words Superfresh and Superelegant? $NA A- >>find this wine<<