So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Valdivieso Blanc de Blanc Brut (Chile): Yellow apples, toasted bread, a spring of edible flowers, & fair amount of sheer delight. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Valdivieso Caballo Loco Grand Cru Apalta (Colchagua Valley): Savory, meaty & smokey; you're gonna wanna fire up the grill, folks. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gianpiero Marrone Barolo Bussia (Barolo): Not afraid to get its hands dirty; in fact, it's holding gobs of rocks and earthy clay. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bodegas Olivares Altos de la Hoya (Jumilla): Old vines resulting in fresh spices, sexy fruit, and a decidedly youthful demeanor. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Brooks Janus Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): This one requires some careful attention to appreciate its down-to-earth-y nuances. $38 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Brooks Willamette Valley Riesling (Willamette Valley): A dab of lime zest, a sprig of flower petal, a kiss of sugar, a lot to like $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Brooks Amycas White Blend (Willamette Valley): The kitchen sink blend is rarely so well considered, or as versatile and tasty. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Chateau Minuty Cotes de Provence M de Minuty Rose (Provence): An open bottle at a deck party is unlikely to last more than a minute $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Marques de la Concordia Hacienda Zorita Abascal Vineyard Reserva (Ribera del Duero): Be sure that you like your plums with coconut $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Zardetto Prosecco di Treviso Brut (Veneto): Apricots, flowers, & about as easy-going of a general attitude as you're likely to find $15 B >>find this wine<<