So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Rodney Strong Chalk Hill Chardonnay (Sonoma County): Doesn't quite shake the popcorn, but it's still a creamy, affordable luxury. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rodney Strong Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Berry friendly to start, then smiles & whips out the kinky leather $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre Rose (Sancerre): Can partial saignee be more than just ok? Apparently that's a yes; & even elegant, too. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Licia Albarino (Rias Baixas): Lemons, melons, herbs & bottle of mineral water all delivered in a pretty little grass-filled basket. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Las Perdices Reserva Malbec (Lujan de Cuyo): Dark as night, mineral as stone, rich as chocolate, fun as a carnival, sip it soon. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Klinker Brick Farrah Syrah (Lodi): About as dense and thick as brick, but certainly funkier, meatier, and a lot more savory. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gramercy Cellars Olsen Vineyard Rose (Columbia Valley): Textural, floral and downright extraordinary; can you wait 3 or 4 years? $25 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Barone Pizzini Saten (Franciacorta): Not exactly made of satin, but it's deftly playing the middle ground between smooth & pithy. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Vallformosa Clasic Brut (Cava): A bubbly superhero, with the power to bring a touch of elegance to Tuesday evenings everywhere. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Steven Kent Winery Small-Lot Ghielmetti Vineyard Cabernet Franc (Livermore Valley): Young & awkward, but so was Lebron James once. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 La Rochelle Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Block A Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands): Brimming with energy, & brooding with dark plans. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Willm Gewurztraminer Reserve (Alsace): Oil sick thick, & ready, willing, and able to be employed with spicy Indian cuisine. $17 B >>find this wine<<