So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Cornerstone Cellars Stepping Stone Cabernet Franc (Napa Valley): Strutting along, humming Boston's "Smokin'" & looking cool. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Estate Argyros Assyrtiko (Santorini): Not quite a transporting you to the caldera, but getting you close enough to get the picture $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Banfi Principessa Gavi (Gavi): Like your finishes crisp but lengthy? Well, then, make haste to the princess party my friends. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Cenyth Sonoma County Red (Sonoma County): The mouthfeel walks on set & about steals the show in chewy, vibrant, refined fashion. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Cenyth Sonoma County Red (Sonoma County): Hard to get to know, but also damn hard to forget once you do decide get to know it. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Maggy Hawk Hawkster Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): A powerful thoroughbred that's kicking up clay and mocha in its muscular wake. $66 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Maggy Hawk Jolie Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): The long finish brings some heat, but it also brings a copious amount of rose-hips. $66 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Vie Winery Melange Maison II (California): Vying for a the Meaty, Jammy, Big And Bouncy title, and looking like a contender. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Krone Borealis Cuvee Brut (Western Cape): Juggling three balls for your entertainment; one toasty, one friendly, and one fruity. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Youngberg Hill Vineyards Cuvee Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Spicy, bright, & sure of purpose; if only it hung out a bit longer! $30 B+ >>find this wine<<