So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 La Rochelle Dutton Ranch Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Roses are red, they're also in here, this didn't rhyme, OK whatever. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Domaines Schlumberger Les Princes Abbes Gewurztraminer (Alsace): It hath been declared, the spicy food shall be brought forth! $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Kilakanoon Killerman's Run Shiraz (Australia): It's just not worth the effort arguing against its delicious, minty statements. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Vallformosa Origen Brut (Cava): Seemingly, it's thoroughly – and happily – unaware of its own refreshing, apple-laden talents. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Charles Krug Family Reserve Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): The hall of the Mountain King gets all prettied up. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Argyle Brut Rose (Dundee Hills): Salmon of skin, fleet of feet, and possessing of charms that are damn near impossible to resist. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Waters Interlude Red (Washington): Aiming for the dancing waters off of Bordeaux's Right Bank, and mostly hitting the target. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Efeste Sauvage Boushey Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Yakima Valley): There's nothing wild or savage about this refined, lithe beauty. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Dylan's Ghost Hell Hollow Red (Napa Valley): Convening with angels and devils alike, and almost certainly beguiling both groups. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Barone Pizzini San Paolo Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Riserva (Castelli di Jesi): Combine a bag of nuts w/ refreshment $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Pedroncelli Signature Selection Dry Rose Of Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): All the refreshment of a good White Zin, none of the crap $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Pedroncelli Dry Creek Valley East Side Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Dry Creek Valley): As fun as a ray of sunshine on picnic field. $14 B >>find this wine<<