So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Errazuriz Don Maximiano Founder’s Reserve (Aconcagua Valley): Executed with ultra-luxury watch brand elegance and precision. $100 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Elk Cove Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Offering textbook OR PN, which kind of makes it dangerously impossible not to enjoy it. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Broadley Vineyards Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Broadly speaking, this is going for – & getting – fruity, bright, broad appeal. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 The Diving Rod Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Kind of like a BBQ chain restaurant meal; meaty, smokey, & thoroughly accessible. $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 16 Troon Vineyard Whole Cluster Ferment Riesling (Applegate Valley): Will make more conversation than converts; vibrant & interesting. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Colli di Lapio di Romano Clelia Vigna Andrea (Taurasi): Dead sexy in how much of its spicy, inviting self it’s teasing right now. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Colli di Lapio di Romano Clelia Fiano di Avellino (Campania): Mineral, floral, nutty & lovely; swoon-worthy drinking right now. $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Colli di Lapio di Romano Clelia Fiano di Avellino (Campania): Fiano that, while still wound up, is decidedly on the friendly side. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 E. Guigal Cotes du Rhone Blanc (Cotes du Rhone): Packing seemingly endless amounts of floral, tropical expressiveness for the coin $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage Blanc (Crozes Hermitage): A tiny bit of Roussanne, a bunch of Marsanne, and a whole lotta muscle. $15 B >>find this wine<<