So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Red Car Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Qualifies as a textbook entry introduction to what high-end SC PN looks like. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Red Car Rose of Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Elegant & Fun matched together authentically, & not a in fake new-car-commercial way. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Red Car Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Four different vineyards, but it's all single-minded in its focused intensity. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Red Car Sonoma Coast Syrah (Sonoma Coast): Savory & herbal, lithe & deep, and still kicking it fresh, fresh, fresh! style. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bastianich Vespa Rosso (Colli Orientali del Friuli): Mostly Merlot, mostly excellent, mostly aiming to please & hitting its mark. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bastianich Vespa Bianco (Colli Orientali del Friuli): Nutty, fruity, floral & not likely to remain full for very long post-popping $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bastianich Plus (Colli Orientali del Friuli): Plus-sized in every way, lusciously so; and we ought to be very grateful for it! $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Maggy Hawk Afleet Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): This horse can certainly run, and it favors the spiciest trails available, too. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Arcanum Arcanum Red (Toscana): Cab Franc, speaking old school Latin, the tannins saying "Tenui Nec Dimittam, you lushes!" $100 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Chapoutier Belleruche Rose (Cotes-du-Rhone): Gorgeous of color, tasty of form, friendly of disposition, & too quick of finish. $14 B >>find this wine<<