So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Coppo Costebianche Chardonnay (Piedmonte): Italy's version of homemade apple pie, crust and all, in lithe & lovely liquid form. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Beaumont Hope Marguerite Chenin Blanc (Walker Bay): Fresh, crisp & tasty as fresh apples; solid as baked bread; lovely as a flower $20 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Vriesenhof Vineyards Chardonnay (Stellenbosch): Clean as a mountain stream, smooth as wet river stones, longer than a river. $13 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Lange Winery Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Pepper, leather, earth, presence, a whole lotta soul, & a whole lotta honesty. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Ravenswood Pickberry Vineyards Red (Sonoma Mountain): A lovely, spicy, tough-&-tender bargain that's not afraid of its rustic side $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Roth Estate Heritage Red (Sonoma county): About as tightly-wound – and tobacco-laden – as F-ing Merlot from Cali. can get. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Roth Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Wearing a tomato leaf hat, riding high on acid, chewing herbs, kicking dust. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Roth Estate Merlot (Alexander Valley): Sweet plums, sweet currants, sweet oak, not all yet tied up in a sweet, neat little bow. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Roth Estate Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): A smokey quartz of an experience, both crystal clear & eerily dark at the same time. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Roth Estate Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): The conversation isn't terribly complex, but the group is certainly a lively, vibrant bunch $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Roth Estate Sauvignon Blanc (Alexander Valley): A tropical beast, favoring ripe apples & saving its toothy bite for the tail end. $15 B >>find this wine<<