So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Castello di Uviglie San Bastiano Grignolino del Monferrato Casalese (Piedmont): This featherweight can hit with some serious jabs. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Gaudio Bricco Mondalino Gaudio Grignolino del Monferrato Casalese (Piedmont): Pleasant palate hip-check, delivered by rosehips. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Tenuta la Tenaglia Grignolino del Monferrato Casalese (Piedmont): Roses are red, cherry is ripe, this is pithy… can I have more? $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Wente Eric’s Chardonnay Small Lot (Livermore Valley-San Francisco Bay): Bring forth the thirsty crowds, for they shall be pleased. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Riverbench Cork Jumper Rose Brut (Santa Maria Valley): Floral, lovely, & capable, and maybe just a little too sure of itself. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Trefethen Oak Knoll District Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Flashy, but seriously skilled, and fitting the NV profile to a T. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Biblia Chora Ovilos White Assyrtico-Semillon (Pangeon): Oil & water don’t mix, but oily & piquant sure as hell do, based on this. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Wakefield The Pioneer Exceptional Parcel Release Shiraz (Clare Valley): Like inhaling the entire finals of a barbecue competition. $200 A >>find this wine<<
- 10 Bodegas Beronia Rioja Reserva (Rioja): Spicy, plummy, & juicy waves that hit quickly, but slowly ebb on sweet mocha currents. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Henriques & Henriques 20 Years Old Malmsey (Madeira): If you can’t stand this fresh heat, you surely don’t belong in the kitchen. $95 A- >>find this wine<<