So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Keller Estate El Coro Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): She's bright, but you'll remember her more for her peppery personality. $52 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Keller Estate Oro de Plata Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): An exhilarating night drive, illuminated by mineral-and-citrus headlights. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Keller Estate La Cruz Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): How to sum up its jeu anime? Just drink the damn stuff, it's magical! $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Keller Estate La Cruz Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Imagine peach and lemon salt water taffy, only with a lot more awesome. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Trimbach Pinot Blanc (Alsace): Lemon zest, melon and dirt having a good-natured rock fight in which no one really gets clobbered. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Dry Creek Vineyard Endeavour Cabernet Sauvignon (Dry Creek Valley): Comes on a bit smooth, but scores w/ flowers and chocolates. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Dry Creek Vineyard Meritage (Sonoma County): If you're ok with smoky BBQ, then you'll get to excellent, dusty, textbook DCV spices. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Brandborg Oregon Gewurztraminer (Umpqua Valley): Fairies in rosepetal rafts on a mineral water stream; carrying lychee lightsabers $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Brandborg Oregon Riesling (Umpqua Valley): Limes, traveling fast down that gravel road and finally stopping, at long last, for gas. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Brandborg Bench Lands Pinot Noir (Umpqua Valley): Raspberry and citrus pith, contemplating and having fun in the smoking lounge. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bibi Graetz Casamatta Rosso (Toscana): Cherries, flowers, sausage, gravel and plums all in search of some hearty, homemade pasta. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bibi Graetz Casamatta Bianco (Toscana): Vermentino pulling magic tricks. "Hey Rocky! Watch me pull refreshment right outta my hat!" $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Peter Jakob Kuhn Oestrich Lenchen Riesling Kabinett (Rheingau): Surprising U with its sweet tooth, inspiring U with its freshness. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 04 Grand Vin de Leoville du Marquis de Las Cases (Saint-Julien): Complex & lovely? Yep. But also moody, reticent & high maintenance. $175 A- >>find this wine<<