So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Mulderbosch Faithful Hound (Stellenbosch): Old dog, but very modern tricks, & a howl that's the canine equivalent of smooth talk. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Thelema Mountain Red (Western Cape): Rubber hits the road a bit hard at the end, but the rest of the journey is tastefully tasty. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Elizabeth Chambers Cellars Winemaker's Cuvee Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Peppery, piquant, pensive, pithy & above all, pretty. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Clayhouse Adobe White (Paso Robles): Tastes like refreshing juice, but it also doubles as a key to the Summer pool party gate. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 La Ciarliana Vigna Scianello (Vino Nobile di Montepulciano): Still maintaining a firm, leathery & commanding grip on the situation $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Le Berne Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva (Vino Nobile di Montepulciano): Richer & funkier than southern-fried home cooking. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Boscarelli Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva (Vino Nobile di Montepulciano): Lovely tightrope walk between Old & New schools. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Winzerhof Thorle Saulheimer Limestone Dry Riesling (Rheinhessen): Lime ninjas with deadly accurate limestone throwing stars. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pine Ridge Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Portraying the lush & soft – maybe too soft? – side of the Mountain. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pine Ridge Fortis (Napa Valley): This fort protects delicious red fruit treasures; but it's made out of pillows & a ton of wood. $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Apaltagua Reserva Unoaked Chardonnay (Casablanca Valley): Refreshing, as in attach-yourself-leech-like-onto-a-lemon refreshing. $13 B- >>find this wine<<