So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Weingut Clemens Busch vom Grauen Schiefer Riesling Trocken (Mosel): Has a mantra; & that mantra is "slate! citrus! slate! citrus!" $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Anaba Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Like finding just a little steak of pure gold embedded in a pretty river rock. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Anaba Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): And for that effort, please proceed to the front of the class, my young lad! $34 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Glen Carlou Grand Classique (Paarl): Did we just see this red flip the bird to all of its naysayers? Yeah, I think we just did. $20 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Penner-Ash Wine Cellars Willamette Valley Riesling (Willamette Valley): Brought to you by the letter Z; apparently for Zippiness. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Vall Llach Embruix (Priorat): Funky, fruity, full-bodied, & full of familiar ripe flavors to fit your fancy for steak pairings. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Claudia Xinomavro Syrah Cabernet Sauvignon (Chalkidiki): Put on a few pounds, it seems, but still able to go several rounds. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Claudia Viognier Assyrtiko (Chalkidiki): Tropical, vibrant, and exotic enough to satisfy your kingly Macedonian vinous thirst. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Meerlust Rubicon (Stellenbosch): A broad back, clad in leather, with a head wreathed in circles of long, spicy, aromatic smoke. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Cigare Volant (Central Coast): Cool climate pepper, & a bard's heart, lend pep to the juiciness therein. $45 A- >>find this wine<<