So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Bisol Crede Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore (Valdobbiadene): Bright-eyed, focused, & probably thinking it can take on NV Champers $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Palari Faro (Sicily): Won't even give you the time of day now; but you're in for the ride of a lifetime in about seven years or so. $90 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Villa Mottura Primitivo di Manduria (Puglia): How often is Primitivo this round & this lively *and* this cheap? Not often enough. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 DuCropio Damis Ciro Rosso Classico Superiore (Calabria): Remind your tongue to put its big boy pants on for this muscular treat. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Mastroberardino Radici Taurasi (Campania): Rarely do mint, leather, cloves & ripe fruits get along so damned well together. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Feudi di San Gregorio Taurasi (Campania): Grippy, serious, authentic, and elegant, while strutting its lavender and black cherries $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Nativ Eremo San Quirico Irpinia Campi Taurasini (Campania): Flauntingly sexy, almost to obnoxiousness, but it's just misunderstood $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Sequoia Grove Napa Valley Chardonnay (Napa Valley): So pleasantly poised, you'll be tickled pink with this pretty little pick. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sequoia Grove Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): That oak is sweet, but then so is the overall drinking experience here $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Tiamo Prosecco (Veneto): Pears, apples, refreshment. The End. As in, yeah, that's it. Move along. Nothing more to see here… $15 B- >>find this wine<<