So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Simi Alexander Valley Chardonnay (Sonoma County): Manages to rein in the peachy boasting in favor of interesting conversation. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Portelli Riesco Cerasuolo di Vittoria (Cerasuolo di Vittoria): Abundant, friendly, buoyant, forceful, rustic, & likes to hang out. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Alliata Vini Kaspar Nero d'Avola (Sicily): All of the rusticity you'd expect, plus most of the refinement that you might not. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Pietracava di Domenico Ortoleva Septimo Nero d'Avola (Sicily): Bright, relatively light, plummy, gamey, but most of all, engaging. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Al-Cantara Amuri di Fimmina e Amuri di Matri Etna Rosato (Etna): Roses, a dry sense of humor, & a sexy walk; that's amore, indeed. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Emiliana Novas Gran Reserva Sauvignon Blanc (Valle de San Antonio): Zesty almost to a fault; keep it in mind for the Summer arsenal $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Two Hands Sexy Beast Cabernet Sauvignon (McLaren Vale): Since it's never been untrue to its name, any doubters need to now clam up $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Flora Springs Trilogy Red Wine (Napa Valley): Oak strains of growing pains, but the plummy potential will emerge if you're patient $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Nino Franco Faive Vino Spumante Rose Brut (Valdobbiadene): Carries itself with a lovely air; but don't you dare piss her off! $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gloria Ferrer Dijon Clone Selection Carneros Pinot Noir (Carneros): Juicy wet kisses from friendly, mastiff-sized dark berries. $50 A- >>find this wine<<