So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Montrachet (Montrachet): Enough power and verve to send Electro into a coma; dreams in Technicolor. $2400 A+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti (Romanee-Conti): A 30-sided Doungeouns and Dragons die, if it was a sentient life form $4200 A+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti La Tache (La Tache): Sex with a dozen supermodels. Simultaneously. Only with more spices and energy. $1200 A+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Richebourg (Richebourg): Has more precision than NASA's Measurement Standards and Calibration Lab. $1200 A+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-St-Vivant (Romanee-St-Vivant): For leisurely things like contemplating birth of the Universe $1200 A+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Grands Echezeaux (Grands Echezeaux): Balance previously seen only in Ringling Bros high wire acts. $750 A+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Echezeaux (Echezeaux): Containing the concentrated intrigue from any dozen Tom Clancy novels combined. $450 A >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Corton (Corton): A refreshing back massage, as administered by a benevolent and powerful Norse god. $400 A >>find this wine<<
- 11 M. Lapierre a Ville-Morgon (Morgon): Raspberries and peppery spices sporting a beautiful but almost grim, savory, focused resolve. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Pierre Sparr Brut Rose (Cremant d'Alsace): An aggressive salesman, but a good deal, and the warranty won't expire for a long time. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 04 Marques de Vitoria Gran Reserva (Rioja): Might be slightly overcooked, but the meal is hearty, fresh and definitely delicious. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Muga Barrel-Fermented White (Rioja): Like a free upgrade to business class on a long-haul flight; that finish is long haul, too. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Castelfeder 15 Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige): True to melony form, but it could use a few rounds on the northern Italian treadmill. $17 B- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Rocca delle Marcie Chianti Classic Risera (Chianti Classic): Sorta like the California Raisins singing Kool And The Gang's "Fresh." $26 B >>find this wine<<