So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Bodega Dominio Buenavista Veleta Vijiriega Viji (Granada): Might just be your cup of tea, if you like your tea floral & forceful. $10 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Steven Kent Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore Valley): Youthfully exuberant for now, but will shed it all for elegance later. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gundlach Bundschu Estate Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Polished to a glistening, smooth, creamy, lemon-tinged sheen. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Alois Kracher Trockenbeerenauslese (Burgenland): Delivering big man honeyed performance, for a little man price tag. 187 ml. $25 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Pina Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Wolff Vineyard (Yountville): Currently in a dark confusion, but will undoubtedly sort things out. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Mesa Cantina Buio Buio (Isola Dei Nuraghi): Surprising Sardinian juiciness delivered with capital G Gusto & capital A authenticity $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Schloss Saarstein Serriger Schloss Saarsteiner Riesling Spatlese (Mosel): Prism-like purity, with lemonde-like drinkability. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Gali Merlot Cabernet Franc (Gallipoli Peninsula): Well now, *this* isn't afraid to put on the ritz and strut its classy stuff. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Diren Karmena Red Blend (Tokat): Red fruits, pumped up & practically bursting kids-candy-TV-commercial style with vibrant juiciness $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Diren Collection Okuzgozu (Tokat): Speaks with Eastern European accents, and his ideas are clearly on the brighter side of things. $15 B >>find this wine<<