So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Yalumba Patchwork Shiraz (Barossa): This is a quilt in vibrant colors; stitched together with mint, herbs, jam, spice, & value. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 LangeTwins Centennial Zinfandel (Lodi): Smoked meat, picking nuclear blackberries and chomping on the end of a high-end stogie. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cornerstone Cellars Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Certainly not trying to be NZ, but giving a nice nod to the Bordelais in us all $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc (Wairau Valley): Like a well-maintained antique staircase; it hasn't lost a single pungent, piquant step $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Cousino-Macul Lota (Maipo Valley): Comes on all sweet-nothings, but look again, there's substance behind all that seductiveness. $77 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Aril Atlas Peak Syrah (Napa Valley): Atlas Peak shrugged, with large shoulder pads fashioned from earth, vanilla, & blackberries. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Blandy's Ten Year Sercial Dry Madeira (Madeira): Enough salted, toasted almonds to complete with the charcuterie & cheese plate. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Loimer Gruner Veltliner (Kamptal): Tough to argue with success; painting the Danube green with herbal, spicy, exotic fruit envy. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Truchard Cabernet Sauvignon (Carneros): I love fresh herbs as much as the next guy but next time let's wash them off before serving $38 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Truchard Pinot Noir (Carneros): Difficult vintage? Apparently, it wasn't anything a little bright cherry & vanilla couldn't cure. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Truchard Chardonnay (Carneros): The lees aren't going quietly, but they are offering an entertaining dance on their way out. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<