So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Bott Teleki (Tokaj): Please, please do NOT tell them that this kind of mineral, austere elegance should probably be priced higher. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Ousterhout Bradford Mountain Grist Vineyard Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley ): A cola chorus line of dancing herbs & jumping red fruit $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Stoller Family Estate Dundee Hills Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): A lithe, inviting, subtle, and refreshing romp through OR trails. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Taylor Fladgate Quinta de Vargellas Vintage Port (Porto): Props are due for the long-haul structure, but it'll be a boozy journey. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Palivou Vineyards Vissino Rose (Nemea): Cherries, cherries, cherries & cherries until the cows come home, and they're not home yet. $10 B >>find this wine<<
- NV La Montina Franciacorta Brut (Franciacorta): Flowers and ripe stone fruits, neither of which are afraid of getting aggressive. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Ferghettina Brut Franciacorta (Franciacorta): Like taking the nut-filled trail mix to feed your picking spree at the apple orchard $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Achaval Ferrer Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza): Impressively, both somewhat chewy and somewhat seductive, all at the same time. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hoopes Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Sweet of character, long and strong, not taking No for an answer anytime soon. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Alexandria Nicole Quarry Butte Destiny Ridge Vineyards Red (Horse Heaven Hills): Sweet cassis, that is some sweet cassis, baby! $25 B+ >>find this wine<<