So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Stonestreet Alexander Mountain Rockfall Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Tobacco, lit up by flint, graphite, and grip. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Stonestreet Upper Barn Chardonnay (Alexander Valley): They don't come much bigger, folks. They also don't come much better. $75 A >>find this wine<<
- 11 Stonestreet Alexander Mountain Terrace Ridge Semillon Sauvignon Blanc (Alexander Valley): Waiting for the finish? Keep waiting! $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cadaretta Windthrow (Columbia Valley): That wind is throwing plenty of plum jam, meat, and fennel your way, apparently. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Ramey Claret (Napa Valley): An easy-going palate that doesn't quite compete with the package's elegant, aromatic complexity. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Melville Block M Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): M might as well stand for Monster, in all of the best senses of the moniker. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Joseph Phelps Freestone Vineyards Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Complex, capable, & moody; downright unapologetic about all of it. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Elk Cove Vineyards Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley): Well, somebody here fancies themselves to be a Northern Italian native… $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Lange Estate Winery Reserve Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Intellectually bright & peppery, but has some smooth sweet talk, too. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Montenisa Franciacorta Brut Rose (Franciacorta): Tart red berry elegance in motion; but alas, a dance that ends all too soon. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<