So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Steven Kent Winery Lineage (Livermore Valley): It won't be cheap, but it'll likely be one of the finest reds LV has ever produced. $NA A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dutton Goldfield Angel Camp Vineyard Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): On display – rose, cherry, spice, & an elegant side of Anderson $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Lieb Cellars Reserve Blanc de Blancs (North Fork of Long Island): Purity of pears, along with sincere purity of pleasure. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Joseph Drouhin Domaine des Hospices de Belleville Brouilly (Beaujolais): The red that you dream about when you eat gourmet pizza. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Ca'Berti Bechel Vino Bianco Frizzante (Italy): Sunny label, encasing a sunny, capable bubbly; just don't go expecting miracles. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Torresella Prosecco Extra Dry (Prosecco): Deliciousness as a virtue? Why not, when expressed this simply and refreshingly? $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Hickinbotham Trueman Cabernet Sauvignon (McLaren Vale): Rarely do the Aussies get so downright – and ingeniously – serious. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Mt. Beautiful Sauvignon Blanc (North Canterbury): Hot Summer day? Dare you to refuse a ripe, juicy cantaloupe that's *this* fresh $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Campo Viejo Gran Reserva Rioja (Rioja): Sweet oak cobwebs, brush them away & you'll find tobacco and leather stores to spare. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Anna de Codorniu Brut Rose Cava (Penedes): Well, that was a lovely little conversation; if only it hadn't been so darned short… $15 B >>find this wine<<