So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Gimonnet-Oger Blanc de Blancs Premier Cru (Champagne): Like a nice almond croissant. But the kind that Chuck Norris would order. $49 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Didier-Ducos Fils Cuvee Brut (Champagne): A pony with a short list of tricks, but all of them are definitely well worth repeating. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Pascal Redon Cuvee Brut Tradition (Champagne): Serious, capable, stern, contemplative, & greying just a bit on the early side. $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Royal Tokaji Mad Cuvee Late Harvest (Hungary): A honeybee with clementine wings that doubles as a dessert-cooking master chef. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Achaval-Ferrer Quimera (Mendoza): A warm day, a sultry evening, a big, savory meal, & a small glimpse at South America's soul. $56 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Van Duzer Estate Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Elegance that's able to tame the heart & anger of the bruiser wine snob in you. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Graffigna Centenario Estate Bottled Reserve Malbec (San Juan): Pleasant, but didn't wipe its feet when it came in from the garden. $11 B- >>find this wine<<
- NC Cachette Blanc de Blanc (Burgundy): Limes, apples, bread, & enough attitude to allow it to strut confidently right into the room. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hecht & Bannier Cotes de Provence Rose (Cotes de Provence): Cherry, citrus & flowers made to make friends & influence palates. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Hecht & Bannier Bandol (Bandol): And the Bandol played on, & it's a funky tune, but they're nearly reaching the end of their set. $38 B >>find this wine<<