So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Brian Carter Cellars Oriana White Blend (Yakima Valley): Your next Chinese take-out meal well undoubtedly thank you profusely. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Erath Prince Hill Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): For when you really, really cannot resist taking the lavender home in a bottle. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Efeste Evergreen Riesling (Ancient Lakes): Shores of Ancient Lakes, bombarded with ancient slate rocks & not-so-ancient limes. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Chehalem Ridgecrest Vineyards Reserve Pinot Noir (Ribbon Ridge): OR Pinot that is laying blacktop in rich, layered applications. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Le Marchesine Franciacorta Brut (Franciacorta): Like feeling a modernist painting in the dark; texturally interesting, but lacking. $30 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Adelsheim Vineyard Elizabeth's Reserve Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): A petite, pretty lady that also has a sultry air about her. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Amity Vineyards Pinot Blanc (Willamette Valley): Honeydew, with a pinch of salt? Well, honey, I believe I do want a taste of that. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Aia Vecchia Vermentino (Tuscany): Requires little attention – but maybe a large shellfish appetizer – to thoroughly enjoy. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Aia Vecchia Sor Ugo Bolgheri Rosso Superiore (Bolgheri): Intriguing at first, but muscles its way into roughshod, boorish territory $35 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cantine Buglioni Il Ruffiano Valpolicella Classico Superiore (Valpolicella): In a tasty way, like drinking sweet BBQ beef jerky. $28 B >>find this wine<<