So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 Chateau Saint-Maur Cru Classe Clos de Capelune Rose (Cotes de Provence): I think the word we want here is Resplendent; ok, & Showy $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 A. Rafanelli Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Holding violets, but in a tight, grippy, leather glove, for which you'll thank it later $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Rockpile Winery Rockpile Ridge Vineyard Zinfandel (Sonoma County): Berry compote, somehow balanced on a stony, razor-sharp edge. $41 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Garden Creek Ranch Vineyards Winery Tesserae Red Wine (Alexander Valley): Dried herbs, dusty tannin, tight acids, meaning business $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Laurel Glen Vineyard Sonoma Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma Mountain): Comes in smooth, grips, and the does not let you go. $69 A- >>find this wine<<
- 98 Bodegas Riojanas Monte Real Gran Reserva Rioja (Rioja): Exhibit number 1000 as to why this label should be considered a benchmark. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 William Fevre Fourchaume Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): Never a let-down with these guys; elegant, vivacious, poised, & sooo fresh $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Domaine Fourrey Cote de Lechet Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis): In the words of Deadpool, "What the sh*t?!??" An incredible value. $28 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Albert Bichot Chablis (Chablis): Almonds and flowers that are insistent on you going out and buying some excellent cheeses, now. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaine Vincent Dampt Petit Chablis (Petit Chablis): Certainly not at all petite in crispness, refreshment, or value for dollar. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<