So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 15 Fontanavecchia Taburno (Falanghina del Sannio): Refined, with just the right amount of edginess to let you know it means business. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Mila Vuolo Aglianico (Campania): Intellectually demanding, darkly mysterious, and absolutely worth the investigatory efforts. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Mila Vuolo Fiano Colli di Salerno (Campania): Floral, flinty, & freakin’ taught. Also freakin’ young & freakin’ really good. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Portolano Mario Campania Rosso Villa Teresa (Campania): Smoking stogies with a side of black tea and a sprig of fresh mint. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Tempi di Zoe Campania Aglianico Diciotto (Campania): What’s there doesn’t last, but what’s there is all spicy supple deliciousness $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Sanpaolo Taurasi Riserva (Campania): A lot of things to weave together here, but they’re all meshing up just swimmingly, thank you $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Colli di Castelfranci Taurasi Alta Valle (Campania): Cage match, Spicy Complexity vs Burly tannins. Spicy Complexity wins. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Murrieta’s Well Small Lot Cabernet Franc (Livermore Valley): Message from young dark fruit & French oak – ‘Please stand by…’ $58 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Murrieta’s Well Small Lot Muscat Canelli (Livermore Valley): Mostly a fragrant wine for now. Not that you’ll be able to wait. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Murrieta’s Well The Whip White Wine Blend (Livermore Valley): Floral, piquant, and sooooo dammmmmmmn easyyyy to liiiiiiiike. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<