So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Tuck Beckstoffer Melee Grenache (California): Boldly fruity, boldly peppery, boldly… pretty? Yes, it can actually happen, peeps. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 RayLen Vineyards And Winery Cabernet Franc (North Carolina): The Loire it surely ain’t, but juicy, tangy & capable it surely is. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Kim Crawford Unoaked Chardonnay (East Coast, NZ): Tropical, long & lively, but it’s carrying some cream around the midsection. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Kim Crawford Core Pinot Gris (Marlborough): Drilling to this core kicks out debris of flowers, melons, & a sprinkle of spices. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 02 Arteis & Co Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs (Champagne): Dough, apples & a beautiful mouthfeel designed by & for the beautiful people. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Volta Cabernet Sauvignon Mission Ridge Vineyard (Napa Valley): Think Napa plumpness & plumminess, add dollops of licorice & mint. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Estate Biblia Chora Ovilos (Pangeon): Floral, opulent, toasty and comfy sheets for somewhat unlikely white grape bedfellows. $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Seven Hills Winery Pentad Red (Walla Walla Valley): A complex, 20-sided Dungeons & Dragons die of a bottle, & under-priced to boot. $65 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine La Tour Boisee Une Histoire de Famille Rose (Minervois): Red fruits stomping quite happily – but heavily – down the stairs. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Mas de Leda Tempranillo (Castilla y Leon): Fried chicken levels of funky here, but eighties skyscraper levels of modernity, too. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Voss Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): The grapefruit & The Force are strong in this one; refreshing, but doesn’t hold back $19 B+ >>find this wine<<