So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Westwood Annadel Gap Vineyard Estate Pinot Noir (Sonoma Valley): So gorgeous that you'll get over those green tannins quickly. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Chateau Saint-Maur Cru Classe L'Excellence Rose (Cotes de Provence): Roses & bright splendor, but you'll be feeling the heat. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Joseph Drouhin Domaine des Hospices de Belleville Morgon (Beaujolais): Wild strawberries, but sophisticated attitude and attire. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Broadside Wines Ephemera Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles): Impeccably crafted, impeccably delicious, & impossible to put down. $125 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Martin Ray Mill Station Vineyard Dutton Ranch Chardonnay (Green Valley): If you want ginger with your toast, you're in luck here. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Morgan Double L Vineyard Riesling (Santa Lucia Highlands): Desperately trying to draw you into a slightly deeper conversation. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dutton Goldfield Dutton Ranch Rued Vineyard Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): A lemon pie, plugged into a high-voltage outlet. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Francis Ford Coppola Archimedes (Sonoma County): That one firm spot it uses to move the Earth is covered in richly textured velvet $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Mazzocco Winery Maple Reserve Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Some like it hot; & that some will definitely like this spicy number. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Pulling a neat trick; making ripe fruit and vibrant personality play nice together. $60 A- >>find this wine<<