So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Coppo La Rocca Gavi (Gavi): Warning, objects in bottle are fresher & tastier than they appear. Particularly during the Summer. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Two Hands Max's Garden Shiraz (Heathcote): For those who jam on tart black cherry jam, but also have minerality as their jam. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Two Hands Harry & Edward's Garden Shiraz (Langhorne Creek): Decadent as a Death By Licorice (& huge, sweet fruit) dessert offering $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Two Hands Sophie's Garden Shiraz (Padthaway): A bear hug from a eucalyptus Ent, after he's devoured huge handfuls of blackberries. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Two Hands Samantha's Garden Shiraz (Clare Valley): If big Aussie Shiraz can be called classic, here's a standard-bearer candidate. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Two Hands Lilly's Garden Shiraz (McLaren Vale): Don't say she never gave you anything, 'cause the black cherries flow non-stop. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Two Hands Bella's Garden Shiraz (Barossa Valley): The lady likes to eat meat. And wear silk. And she likes it a little hot, too. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Plantagenet Mount Barker Riesling (Mount Barker): Delivers like a fleet of UPS trucks, only with less diesel & a lot more limes. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Sbragia Ginos Vineyard Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Well now, *that's* a spicy – & rich, & dark, & fleshy, & lush – meatball! $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Sbragia La Promessa Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): This Zin is Godzilla, and your liver is Japan. Prepare for destruction, mortal! $35 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Weingut Wittmann Riesling Trocken (Rheinhessen): Riesling buffs up, gets a tan, hits the beach and generally impresses the ladies. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Uproot Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): He ain't heavy, he's my tropical-fruit-brother. Ok, maybe he is actually a little bit heavy. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vina Amalia Reserva Single Vineyard Malbec (Valle de Uco): What freshness awaits at the end of this earthy, floral valley? A lot. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<