So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Soho Jagger Pinot Gris (Marlborough): Has the body, the energy, and the swagger; but might be just a touch too full of itself. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Coffele Ca' Visco Soave Classico (Soave Classico): Both lovely and nutty, which feels like perfect warmer weather sipping company. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Masut Two Barrel Eagle Peak Pinot Noir (Mendocino County): Firing with both barrels from its fully-loaded big flavor shotgun. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Lothian Vineyards Vineyard Selection Chardonnay (Elgin): A toasty, melon-touting Lothario; ornate but not eschewing energy. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine de Cantagrils Picpoul De Pinet (Languedoc): What fun, gulp-able nuttiness is this? Who cares when it's this gulp-able? $10 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Mathis Rose de Grenache (Sonoma Valley): Fresh, fruity, and friendly watermelon meets fresh, fruity, and friendly attitude. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Idella Wines Manchester Ridge Vineyard Pinot Noir (Mendocino Ridge): A gentleman's game between sweet red berries & strong spices. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Idella Wines Cabernet Sauvignon Rafael Vineyard (Napa Valley): Sexiness ensues, even if it's not yet ready for those oak trappings $95 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Saveurs du Temps Costieres de Nimes Rose (Rhone): It'd take a cold heart not to be at least a little bit charmed by this one. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Gaia Assyrtiko Wild Ferment (Santorini): Round, perky, assertive, and charmingly delicious, speaking in measured, sure prose. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<