So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Marichal Grand Reserve A Tannat (Uruguay): So… do you have 15 years or so to wait until this complex story gets fully told? $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Marichal Reserve Tannat (Uruguay): For when you need to pair something with steak, but you also don't want to get palate-clobbered. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Marichal Premium Varietal Tannat (Uruguay): Black fruit, but dressed in a bright sheen, with a penchant for collecting flowers. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Marichal Reserve Pinot Noir Tannat (Uruguay): Floral, toasty & plummy, then smacks your leather pants w/ tea leaf on its way out. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Marichal Pinot Noir Blanc de Noir Chardonnay Reserve (Uruguay): From a failed experiment comes a fascinating Phoenix-like rebirth. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Steven Kent Winery Small Lot Cabernet Franc (Livermore): Chinon it's not, but it's not a chi-no-no, either, w/ all that life force $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Hedges Family Estate Red Mountain (Red Mountain): A dark mountain with decent views atop, though there are higher peaks to climb. $26 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Hedges Family Estate Descendants Liegeois Dupont Cuvee Marcel Dupont Syrah (Red Mountain): A flirt, but funky dance moves abound. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Hedges House of Independent Producers Chardonnay La Bourgeoisie Dionysus Vineyard (Columbia Valley): Nice, but kicks you out of bed $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Royal Tokaji Red Label 5 Puttonyos (Tokaji): Tea, honey, & the zen vinous equivalent of about a week's worth of shiatsu massage. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 La Rochelle Donum Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Carneros): Like Schwarzenegger in True Lies, very buffed but also very classy. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Aphros Ten (Vinho Verde): C'mon, what's a little kiss of sweetness between one totally parched & one totally refreshing friend? $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Zardetto Prosecco Brut (Prosecco): It's peachy, it's keen, and all-in-all it's peachy-keen; just don't expect miracles, alright? $14 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Carpene Malvolti Rose Brut (Veneto): Friendly greeting & flourish of a cherry-laden finish make up for a mostly empty middle stanza $21 B >>find this wine<<