So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Longoria Lovely Rita Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): Not exactly lovely, but it's mete-ring out rich berry fruit & 'maid' to please. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Longoria Fe Ciega Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): Like an abstract painting of a field, it's green in all the right places. $48 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Longoria Tempranillo (Santa Ynez Valley): Well, it most definitely has got 'em, and it most definitely is smoking 'em, too. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dunstan Durell Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Poised to please, & to grow on you; the pleasure increases as the night goes on $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Dunstan Durell Vineyard Rose Wine (Sonoma Coast): Somehow, paradoxically, both somewhat reserved & ostentatious at the same time. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dunstan Durell Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): A bit too much showy jewelry and makeup, but a very pretty lady nonetheless. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Cadaretta Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): Deliciously, tastefully, crowd-pleasingly in the Now, & seems quite happy about it $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Merryvale St. Helena Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Tough for Cab to smell any purer, just needs a spring in its step. $95 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Frei Brothers Reserve Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Muscles will be flexed, dried herbs smelled, & jam devoured. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Clos Du Val Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): About the only things missing from this tropical scene are the beach & the coconut tree $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Lallier Premier Cru Rose (Champagne): Well-bred, intelligent rich kid cranberries with unspoiled, down-to-earth, spunky attitudes. $44 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Soho McQueen Pinot Noir (Central Otago): A slight misnomer; it's big, but much more nuanced than its Hollywood tough-guy namesake. $39 B+ >>find this wine<<